Friday, July 28

Atlanta Wall Crawl | The Beltline

Okay so, I wouldn't exactly call this a wall crawl because I only have time to go to one mural, but I've been wanting to go to Atlanta and find cool murals for the longest time. Last week one of my best friends since forever, Marina, texted me and asked me if I was interested to do a "wall crawl" with her. I immediately said yes, and I knew exactly where I wanted to go - the Beltline. If y'all don't know, the Beltline is this path around the the city of Atlanta, and it used to be a railroad track, but now it's a walking/biking path. It's really cool, but unfortunately the development of the Beltline and the stuff around it has gentrified the Old Fourth Ward/Midtown area. However, that's another post for another day.

Marina and I didn't go too far around the Beltline because the weather started getting iffy and we ran into Ponce City Market to explore before it started raining, but we found this really cool mural that's on the back on one of the Paris on Ponce buildings. I think it's a relatively new mural too. (Warning: There are a lot of pictures)

That's Marina! She's been one of my best friends since first grade. She goes to university in Scotland, so we don't get to see each other a ton, but she's basically the coolest person I know. 

Like I said, we ran into Ponce City Market to do some exploring and we spent most of our time in Citizen Supply. I had never been before, and it's the coolest store. Everything they sell is either handmade or small-batch goods, a local brand, or a small business, which I think is amazing. They sell one of my favorite print companies, Old Try, so I knew I was in the right place. A lot the stuff that sell is Atlanta specific too, and I think between the two of us Marina and I wanted everything in the store.

Happy Friday!!
xx, jKm

No comments:

Post a Comment